Seven Questions for Professional Advisors
Is giving through the community foundation right for your clients?
- Do I have clients who care deeply about their local community?
- Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are they interested in creating a personal or family legacy in the community?
- Are they considering the creation of a private foundation but are concerned about cost and administrative complexity?
- Would they like to stay personally involved in the use of their gift dollars?
- Do they want to receive maximum tax benefit for their charitable contribution under federal law?
- Do they place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your clients would benefit from knowing more about Martinsville Area Community Foundation.
So, how can I recommend charity without recommending a charity?
It's a delicate dilemma. Estate planners, financial planners, and other professional advisors are often faced with a delicate dilemma: you want to discuss the many benefits of charitable giving with your clients, but you want to avoid recommending specific charitable causes or organizations.
Fortunately, there's a simple solution. It's your local community foundation. A community foundation is a single, trusted vehicle through which your clients can use to address the issues they care about most, while gaining maximum tax benefit under state and federal law. We offer a variety of giving options - including the ability to set up a charitable fund in your client's name. It's just one way we can help you help your clients achieve their charitable goals.
We'd be happy to help you make an introduction. Contact us for more information.