Scholarship Application and Instructions
It is highly recommended that you review the Application Instructions BEFORE proceeding to the online application.
Martinsville Area Community Foundation Scholarship Online Application Instructions
Applications must be submitted online and you need only to complete ONE application.
ALL APPLICANTS: Complete all required parts of the application in order for you to submit your application.
- Please add the email address email@example.com to your safe sender email list. All correspondence will be done via this email and it is important that you receive all emails.
- If you have graduated from high school or have never been enrolled in college, you must request a copy of your high school transcript from your high school guidance office. This request will be done via email through your application. Please make sure you let your guidance counselor know so that he/she will be expecting an email from "firstname.lastname@example.org."
- If you are currently enrolled in college, you must upload a copy of your official or unofficial college transcript. If you have only been enrolled for one semester, please submit whatever school record available.
- You must have two (2) Recommendation Letters. ALL Recommendations will be requested via email through your application. Please let those individuals know to expect an email from email@example.com asking to submit an online letter of recommendation. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure these individuals complete the request. Failure to do so by the deadline will disqualify your scholarship application.
- The scholarship application requires an essay. You can compose your essay and upload it onto the online application.
- A current resume is required to be uploaded into the online application. Please include your academic/scholastic activities (clubs, student government, National Honor Society, etc), sports, community activities (civic activities, clubs, volunteer work, faith activities, etc), number of years you have participated and your leadership position, letters earned, awards received, and recognitions. Please include the number of hours spent on each activity. Additionally, please include your work experience such as self-employment, employer name, nature of work, supervisory positions held, and dates employed. (Maximum 2 pages)
- You must also upload copies of the following: (1) the most recent federal income tax return filed by your parents as well as your own, if you were required to file. (DO NOT INCLUDE W-2 OR SCHEDULES), (2) your Student Aid Report (SAR). Applications without these documents will not be considered.
- Please click here for a sample Student Aid Report.
To proceed to the online application login page, CLICK HERE.